Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cool Tunes

Q: What do you get when you cross Peter Gabriel, Joe Cocker, and Bruce Springsteen?

A: Michael Crispin.

I don't know about you, but I find it fun "discovering" new tunes. Hey, I can kill a good hour cranking out The Doors, The Beatles, and Bruce Springsteen like any other guy who grew up in the 60's, 70's, 80's... oh who am I trying to kid: I'm still trying to grow up.   But we all have to move on, that's the way life works. In a good way, that is. No one is saying we need to burn bridges with the past. Good memories and great sounds should be revisited every now and then. But we can't live in them.

But back to Michael Crispin: OK, I hear mostly Peter Gabriel in his voice, but I'll let you have fun and see what other ghost from the 70's genre machine you can find in this guy's voice.  Though I wouldn't listen to him if you didn't care much for Gabriel, cause the similarity is definitely there.

So... (Peter Gabriel fans will appreciate the pun here), without further ado, here's Michael Crispin:


PS - Does anyone know anything else about Crispin?  2009 seems like a long time ago now, and I don't think he's come out with anything new since then.  His Facebook page doesn't seem to have much new info, and Google / YouTube don't give up much either.  But you can still buy his first album (6:16) on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Useful Idiots

My parents had terrible stories about polio . They saw one too many friend and family fall victim to the disease. Quite fortunate for the fo...